An expert OS X user and occasional server administrator, Pennington is also an advanced Windows user and former server administrator. Amongst nerdy friends, he will admit to a BSD background.
An advanced Photoshop user, Pennington is familiar with and uses Adobe Creative Suite applications. He is an advanced Microsoft Office user, and he has programmed in multiple database applications. He is proficient in php, HTML, CSS, and several Content Management Systems, including WordPress, Drupal, Omeka, and Kora.
He is an accomplished user of and instructor for non-linear editing (NLE) systems for video and audio editing and has used this knowledge in the production of audio and video for online education and several successful podcasts.
- Advanced knowledge of audio and video recording best practices, especially in less than ideal field settings
- Advanced knowledge of several content management systems, including Drupal, WordPress, Omeka, and Kora.
- Contributing author on the IMLS funded team tasked with developing new standards for conducting oral history in a digital age
- Advanced OS X user and former server administrator
- Advanced Windows user and former server administrator
- Advanced Photoshop user with experience leading Photoshop workshops; familiar with Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Advanced Microsoft Office user with experience leading MSOffice workshops.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- Proficient with and instructor for non-linear editing (NLE) systems for video and audio
editing, including Final Cut Pro, iMovie, GarageBand, Audacity, and Logic Pro X.
- Experience using, designing, and installing a variety of digital file storage systems for small and mid-sized cultural heritage institutions.